About This Constellation ShortList™
Social media advertising platforms manage, place and measure the impact of social media advertising, looking beyond a single network or audience to showcase where and how social investments are shaping engagement and advocacy for a brand. Functionalities extend far beyond simply ad placement, costs or audience identification. Today’s standout tools guide teams through the entire social ad process from creative asset development and content management through to reporting on performance metrics and impact on key business performance indicators. These robust systems are increasingly introducing machine learning (ML) or artificial intelligence (AI) features that not only aid in audience intelligence and understanding but can also identify optimal content, aid in personalization at scale and recommend next-best actions.
This Constellation ShortList does not include first-party tools developed by social platforms. While these tools have advanced and continued to innovate in their ability to manage and optimize performance within their own ecosystems, they fall short of the mandate to view the customer’s engagement with a brand through social and specifically social advertising across a single pane of glass.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Tools to upload, iterate and manage creative assets
- Buying, serving and monitoring placements on more than one platform
- Workflows and platforms purpose built for cross-functional collaboration
- Content management, creative production and personalization tools
- Support across multiple forms of content and formats of display
- Audience segmentation
- In-flight optimization and measurement
- Analytics, measurement and reporting
- Application of ML or AI techniques to boost automation, analyze campaign outcomes and recommend content, audiences and actions
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects market share and internal research.
- AdEspresso by Hootsuite
- Marin Software
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.