About This Constellation ShortList™
Benefits are becoming more of a strategic compensation asset for enterprises. In a tight talent market, the availability, depth and breadth of benefits can be key for employment decisions and important to keep attrition low. The enrollment, however, remains a challenge for almost all employees, with their yearly enrollment decisions having deep repercussions on their own and their dependents’ life for the next year or even years to come. At the same time, employee cost is on the rise and benefits are becoming a substantial part of the employee cost.
To be a benefits administration vendor, these companies need to provide regular innovation on the ease of enrollment. At the same time, they must support the benefits administrator and help turn the table on the information war on healthcare / services providers. Moreover, they need to have out-of-the box interfaces with the leading HCM Suites (see the Constellation Shortlists for Global HCM Suites and North American SMB Payroll) to help enterprises integrate and go live with ease. Listed companies need to have 500+ customers in North America, and ideally support for more continents for global benefits.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Enrollment Capability
- Mobile Enrollment
- Continuous improvement of the enrollment experience
- Easy setup of enrollment mechanics by benefit admins
- At least five of the following areas:
- Explanation capability of benefits decisions
- Ability to simulate enrollment decision consequences
- Low-code/no-code options to augment the enrollment experience
- Interfaces to popular HCM suites
- Enrollment reminders, progress
- Usage and consumption analytics
- Benefit design input and capabilities
- Compliance reporting
- Analytics covering the benefits automation space holistically
- Support for more than one continent
- Over 500 customers and more than 1M benefits enrollment users
- Mobile enrollment version with at least 500k+ users
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Castlight Health
- Morneau Shepell
- Thomsons Online Benefits, a Mercer company
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com