About This Constellation ShortList™
The demands for marketing to drive growth has pushed business-to-consumer (B2C) organizations in large enterprises to extend actions beyond traditional branding, marketing and advertising to foster customer loyalty, advocacy and profitable awareness and demand. Organizations are embracing new opportunities to build more direct connections with consumers and end buyers, necessitating automated systems of engagement that can collect, segment and analyze customer signals and data to deliver more relevant, contextual and valued interactions.
Enterprise teams are seeking more sophisticated marketing automation solutions that make it possible to track and predict customer behavior, facilitate product marketing, improve personalization and build and nurture customer relationships at scale and speed—all while navigating a changing landscape of data privacy regulations. Data analytics tools must track and validate the impact of marketing efforts on customer conversion. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities are par for the course. Smart, “trainable” tools are being applied to market segmentation, channel management and campaign performance. Solutions to power “self- service” AI-driven interactions that better put the customer in the journey driver’s seat are on the new consideration list. And all of this must come in a sleek, easy-to-deploy and easier-to-manage system that can span large, often global teams across multiple brands and lines of business.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Ease of use, user interface with role-based dashboards and views
- Quickly and easily design and deploy cross-channel campaigns
- Intuitive visual journey workflow creation and management
- Robust segmentation capabilities, rules-based offer management
- Integrated customer profiles
- Customer preference, identity resolution and management
- Multimedia asset creation, utilization and robust digital asset management
- Facilitate and track advertising mediums, retargeting
- Social listening and engagement capabilities or integrations
- Web, mobile and digital campaign personalization
- Behavioral tracking and testing
- Multichannel campaign attribution
- Product vision and road map, emphasis on AI and attribution
- Aggregated analytics and role-based reporting
- Integration with commerce, data, and enterprise resource planning systems
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research. The enterprise category is defined as companies with a broad geographical reach, multiple lines of business, and/or more than 3,000 employees. (In alphabetical order):
- Acquia Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Campaign
- Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SAP Marketing Cloud
- SAS Customer Intelligence 360
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.