About this Constellation ShortList
Enterprises look for ways to run their next-generation applications across public clouds and on premises in their data center(s). To achieve this flexibility, CxOs need a high degree of Identicality between the cloud and on-premises-based technology stacks.
This Constellation ShortList evaluates the Next-Generation Computing Platforms available and includes the leading offerings that meet the requirements of today’s CXOs. They need these platforms to offer workload portability and a single pane of glass to manage environments and workloads. They also provide advanced services to help manage, maintain and operate these complex technology stacks. Innovation speed and elastic commercial terms are also required.
For more information, please review the Market Overview report: “Next-Gen Computing: The Enterprise Computing Model for the 2020s.”
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Technology stack capabilities deployed on premises, offline
- A public IaaS – either directly owned or through partners where the same set of capabilities (or more) are running
- Sufficient capabilities to at least operate one of the 7 next-generation application use cases
- Coverage in at least 4 continents from an availability perspective
- At least 500+ customers
- Access to at least 1000 service professionals (direct or partners)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- AWS Offerings (Snowball Edge, Greengrass and Storage Gateway)
- Google GKE on-prem
- IBM Cloud Private
- Microsoft Azure Stack
- Oracle Cloud at Customer
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.