About this Constellation ShortList™
As enterprises are faced with business best practice uncertainty due to infinite computing (for more see here), they need to build software again in house. They create next-generation applications, typically on cloud-based platforms, where for the first time in computing history, they don’t have direct access to the physical infrastructure. This requires them to formalize their DevOps processes.
In the process of building and deploying software again, enterprises learn that there is nothing more costly than having software and not being able to deploy it. All this turns the attention to the development process and makes CTOs and CIOs look for DevOps vendors. These fall into four vendor categories – platform, best-of-breed, platform as a Service (PaaS) and cross-platform players. This list focused on best-of-breed players. For more see here.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Support at least Phase 3 of the Constellation DevOps taxonomy, and Phase 4 in the 12 months, ideally also Phase 5.
- Developer friendly, share of mindset
- Visible DevOps evangelism
- 500+ customers
- Support for five (out of seven) continents
- On-premises, hybrid cloud, public cloud and multi-cloud DevOps support
- Out-of-the-box interfaces to popular deployment platforms
- Transparent and effective pricing and costing
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- CloudBees / Jenkins
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.