About this Constellation ShortList
The next few years will be exciting and innovative for Health IT. As organizations embark on a journey to transform into a digital enterprise, one of the foundational areas of focus is the IT infrastructure.
The journey toward a digital enterprise will force CxOs to reevaluate their technical security portfolios to ensure that the organization has a comprehensive solution. Recent statistics put the black-market value of healthcare records at 25 times that of credit card information. Healthcare entities have a call of action to expedite the implementation of the technical security foundation so that they can provide the agility to deliver care that meets the patient and workforce expectation. This list is focusing on solutions with a multi-layered security approach that will monitor web applications, endpoint devices, emails, and the network (wired and wireless).
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Compliance with regulations such as the HIPAA Security Rule, PCI, Joint Commission, and state privacy regulations
- Data loss protection to monitor the movement of PHI in the enterprise
- Advance threat protection capabilities
- Incident detection with workflow automation tool
- Management dashboard and reporting features
- Alert automation with the ability to identify false positives
- Security policy engine ruleset tailored for the Healthcare industry
- Single view of security vulnerabilities across the network, endpoints, email and cloud
- Automated response to easily remediate a potential security attack
- Ease of integration with other security tools
- Product ease of use and deployment
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 10 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Digital Guardian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.