About This Constellation ShortList™
Corporate Intranets, often referred to today as Digital Workspaces, represent the evolution from simple company portals, which provide access to human resources and financial information, to a central hub for several aspects of employee engagement. Digital Workspaces enable people to connect with the colleagues, content and business applications they need in order to get their jobs done.
To create a unified experience, Digital Workspaces must integrate with a wide variety of business software, including communication and collaboration tools, as well as line-of-business applications for sales, marketing, customer support and more. Digital Workspaces may also bring together content management, web conferencing and enterprise group messaging into a seamless user experience. They should provide personalized content for each employee, taking facets like job role and location into account to deliver a tailored, in-context experience. Finally, areas like governance, compliance and data residency are critical for enterprise deployment.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administration features
- Business Software integrations (LOB apps)
- Customization options (branding and layout)
- Datacenter locations (logic and data residency)
- Deployment options (on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Directory integration (people and groups)
- Ecosystem (how robust is partner and ISV support)
- Extensibility (third-party app, APIs and SDKs)
- Feature set (communities, file sharing, content management, task management)
- Governance and compliance options
- Licensing / pricing
- Mobile options
- Personalization features (manual or algorithmic (AI))
- Platform support (i.e., does it require SharePoint, Salesforce, other?)
- Reporting tools and analytics
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 40 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- AppFusions AlohaDXP
- Igloo Software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Salesforce Community Cloud
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.