About This Constellation ShortList™
Webinars have become a cornerstone for organizations that want to reach and engage with audiences through interactive, compelling and often live interaction. For the B2B enterprise, webinar tools (also called webcasting tools) serve as a critical component to sales, support and marketing initiatives as teams look to engage directly with audiences to raise awareness, educate, drive demand and establish credibility and thought leadership. However, increasingly, B2C organizations are leveraging webinar and meeting solutions to create new moments of interaction to supplement or, in some cases, replace live interactions when gathering is not possible.
This evolution has demanded that webinar platforms evolve from the “mass broadcast” video and audio “presentation” platforms of old into highly interactive, scalable, dynamic multimedia experiences that allow audiences to engage with speakers and with each other. The modern webcasting platform has been put to the test as current events during the global pandemic have driven traditionally live and in- person interactions on to these video-ready broadcast solutions. Users are looking for secure, flexible, scalable and customizable interfaces and consoles that deliver connection and interaction between speakers and audience while maintaining focus and attention on speakers and their content.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Capacity to host live audio (audio and slide/content), play video and prerecorded sessions
- Registration with flexible form fields for lead capture, including organizing an event series
- Customized branding and console configuration
- Quick, stable, reliable connectivity with toll-free, international calling and access
- Multihost, scalable speaker and producer interface
- Pre- and post-event communications, alerts, calendar invitations and reminders
- Multibrowser responsive user experience, installed app for Mac and Windows, native mobile apps
- Live audience engagement tools, polls, voting, chat, comments, screen mark-up, Q&A
- Integration into key systems, social, marketing automation, CRM
- Recording and rapid on-demand availability, commerce-ready gateways and monetization
- Security, role-based access and authorization, customer viewer controls
- Analytics and robust reporting, viewers (live vs. on-demand), attention, downloads
- Support, training and community for customers
- Accessibility features, including real-time voice transcription and translation
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Adobe Connect
- Cisco Webex
- Zoho Meeting
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.