About This Constellation ShortList™
We live in the era of Infinite Computing, in which computing resources (compute, storage and network) are becoming infinite for all practical purposes. The consequence is a massive shift in business best practices, or even their complete disruption, due to the departure from the previous era of finite computing, when enterprises would purchase and operate hardware to run their applications.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- At least 10 years of running international networks
- At least five years’ experience in managing networks for enterprises
- A proven record of running transcontinental network connections
- A single pane of glass for all connectivity information for the customer
- At least three value-added services (e.g., backup, security, monitoring, network inspection, 5G, WAN, edge, etc.)
- A roadmap toward zero trust
- Proven SLAs for different enterprise workloads
- A presence in at least 4 of 7 continents
- Direct sales and support in 4 of 7 continents
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Deutsche Telekom
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.