About this Constellation ShortList™
What started out as sales engagement solutions for improving sales operations have now morphed into a very crowded category of solutions known as revenue operations, revenue intelligence, and revenue operations data automation. Most of these solutions have served as features or add-ons to address the ineffectiveness of sales force automation solutions.
Consequently, these new solutions are morphing into a more effective approach to sales force automation and eventually a platform that will address the deficiencies of sales force automation. Constellation Research refers to these solutions collectively as revenue platforms that will bridge the gap between legacy CRM and today’s approach to addressing chief revenue officers’ requirements.
Constellation estimates that the overall market size for these revenue platform solutions is $3.61 billion in 2023 and expects it to reach $20.32 billion by 2030, with a CAGR of 28.3%.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Automated activity capture of engagement and interactions for revenue activity
- Account-based engagement analysis
- Delivery of next-best actions to sales reps
- Unification of customer interactions across the revenue lifecycle
- Intelligent prioritization of insights
- Revenue and pipeline forecasting and management
- Seamless integration with customer experience (CX) touchpoints
- Conversational intelligence
- Outbound productivity insights
- Pipeline insights
- Deal and opportunity insights
- Lead response insights
- Real-time guidance and notifications
- Performance metric benchmarking on revenue key performance indicators (KPIs)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.