About This Constellation ShortList™
The explosive growth of enterprise collaboration software has created a new set of demands on employees’ time and attention. As people openly share information with their colleagues across a variety of tools, including email, social networks, and file-sharing services, staying organized and knowing what needs attention is a real challenge. A new type of tool is needed - one that combines the collaboration features of social networking software with the organizational and task features of project management software.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administrative controls (e.g., user and group management, directory sync)
- Analytics/metrics at the individual, team and project levels
- Application development capabilities (e.g., integrations, extensions, APIs/SDKs)
- Client options (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, embedded in other applications)
- Collaborative features (e.g., commenting, liking, sharing) at the project and task level
- Customer references
- Deployment options (e.g., on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Licensing options: (e.g., Freemium, premium features, enterprise)
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Location of data centers
- Multiple user interface options for displaying information, including activity streams, Kanban columns (card view) and Gantt charts
- Native file storage and sharing and/or integration with popular third-party services
- Notification methods
- Search capabilities
- Security (e.g., access roles, administration roles, encryption)
- Size and depth of business partner ecosystem
- Workflow, process definition, dependencies
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Microsoft Planner
- Sensei Labs Conductor
- Trello by Atlassian
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.