About This Constellation ShortList™
Regardless of location—live, virtual or a blended hybrid experience—events demand solutions and tools that empower marketing organizations to plan, deploy, track and measure the impact of those events. From event registration to venue selection, logistic workflows, event apps, audience development, in-event engagement, budget tracking and management, and post-event analytics and reporting, event marketing solutions must optimize and track the entire event value chain. Increasingly, marketing teams are looking for event marketing and planning tools to seamlessly connect with CRM tools to more closely align and integrate with sales planning and engagement.
Tools must streamline event marketing demands from event asset creation (including badges) to attendee intelligence and insights. Reporting functions must measure and report on event impact and, through the introduction of AI tools, track the overall impact of event programs. Flexibility is also key as current social and travel restrictions have forced a massive shift from live to virtual events, so event marketing tools are needed to aid in transitioning attendee engagement regardless of experience location.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- End-to-end event management and tracking
- Customizable, easy-to-deploy event registration
- Option to personalize digital registration and event experience
- Capacity to manage live, virtual and hybrid event formats
- Cross-team and function collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Venue sourcing, planning and proposal management
- Digital promotion campaign (email, social) capabilities
- Event website-building functionality, including commerce engine to monetize events
- Lead retrieval, management and delivery
- Shared workflows and project management tools
- Speaker and content submission management
- Exhibitor management, services and sponsorship management tools
- Logistical planning tools, seating, planning
- Event engagement before, during and after event
- Mobile ready, including capacity to deploy mobile event apps
- Event content management, including agendas, speaker bios, collateral, badges and signage
- Integration and API connection to key marketing, sales, ERP and analytics tools, and platforms
- Budget tracking, management and tools for spending optimization
- Security, role-based access and authorization, customer viewer controls
- Analytics and robust reporting
- Support, training and community for users
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 25 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research. In alphabetical order:
- Zoho Backstage
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.