About This Constellation ShortList™
Data science and machine learning (ML) help companies go beyond descriptive and diagnostic analytics to predict future outcomes, opportunities and risks. Predictive analysis helps identify best customers, optimize upsell and cross-sell offers, understand financial risks, choose new products and anticipate equipment failures. Advanced analytics and ML techniques were once the province of statisticians and data scientists, but these self-service options are democratizing predictive capabilities.
This category refers to products that make it possible for analysts and data-savvy business users, as well as data scientists, to perform advanced analytic analyses including ML. The category is important for any organization that wants to take advantage of potentially powerful, forward-looking predictive analyses.
The selection of vendors in this ShortListis unchanged from the Q3 2020 update.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Built-in or integrated self-service data-prep capabilities
- Intuitive graphical user interfaces
- Breadth of analysis tools, algorithms and advanced analytics and ML libraries
- Streamlined analysis workflows and automated modeling capabilities
- Multi-cloud deployment, integration options for elastic, high-scale computation
- Collaborative capabilities to ease model development and deployment
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than a dozen solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can
also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.