About This Constellation ShortList™
Self-service data preparation products enable analysts, data scientists and even data-savvy business users to access and prepare data for day-to-day needs and new use cases. These products support agile data discovery and exploration as well as data blending, transformation, enrichment and delivery to a variety of analytical environments.
Self-service data prep eliminates the IT queue, enabling data- savvy users from outside of IT to come up with valuable new combinations of data blending traditional data with social, mobile, geospatial and time-series information. The best products combine ease of use with flexibility tied to myriad data connection, profiling, transformation, enrichment and delivery options. They also foster collaboration while providing data-access and governance controls.
There have been no changes in the vendors listed in this ShortList since its Q1 2020 update.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Capable data connection, exploration and machine-learning-assisted profiling capabilities
- Approachable for a range of data-savvy users through intuitive interfaces and guided by computer-generated recommendations
- Flexible data blending, transformation and enrichment options and recommendations
- Balanced support for sharing, repeatability and control through collaboration, reusable recipe and governance features
- Independent, offering stand-alone deployment and data-delivery options to databases, enterprise applications, and business intelligence and data science products
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 15 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- DataRobot Paxata Data Prep
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.