About This Constellation ShortList™
P2C management solutions provide a systematic way of maximizing the total overall effectiveness of product information value chains. P2C almost completely automates the complex real-time flows of the key inputs and outputs of product information in an e-commerce environment. Such solutions enable the strategic administration, management, and governance across an unlimited number of stores, catalogs, consumer touchpoints, product items, transactions, and buyers.
Successful P2C management solutions optimize and maximize each element of the commerce ecosystem including content, marketing, advertising, pricing, campaigns, sales, testing, and fulfillment to maximize ROI and net profitability.
P2C is most effectively realized by a platform that is designed from the ground up to deal effectively with today’s hyperscaled and deeply integrated commerce operating environments. Effective realization of P2C results in higher conversion, more revenue, larger margins, faster growth, more repeat sales, higher stock efficiency, and larger customer lifetime value.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Product information master data management
- Search and discovery capabilities
- Real-time product and catalog feed integration, including web crawling
- Administrative controls and configuration/customization features
- Analytics/metrics/dashboards/reporting of the P2C operating environment
- Product information automation and workflow
- Partner and supplier ecosystem management
- High usability across desktop and mobile environments
- Performance management features
- Extensibility (APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training)
- Licensing options (freemium, premium, enterprise, external access)
- Content enrichment features
- Image creation and optimization features
- Video creation functionality to support social commerce
- ROI management capabilities
- Campaign optimization tools
- Operational management and monitoring of all integrations, feeds, and systems
- A/B testing of product information and campaigns
- Integration with other commerce tools/platforms, including PIM, ERP, DAM, and CDP
- Order synchronization for Marketplaces and Social Commerce
- Wide range of prebuilt channels including Marketplaces, Social Commerce, Search Engines, Retailers, Data Pools, Display and Retargeting, Social Networks, Affiliate Networks, and Comparison Shopping
- Security (access roles, administration roles, transport and storage, encryption key ownership, single sign-on)
- Compliance/governance features and certifications including GDPR and ISO
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.