About This Constellation ShortList™
OKR tracking and management tools are digital solutions that help apply the popular goal-setting framework for defining and tracking objectives as well as their outcomes. While some tools provide a shared environment to track and monitor OKRs but little else, others provide an extensive array of management capabilities to use OKRs as the basis of how to operate their organizations.
Effective OKR solutions allow continuous performance tracking as users define their objectives and desired results and then record results manually, while more advanced solutions have automatic results tracking of OKRs or enable strategic management capabilities that can ensure alignment and goal attainment at the enterprise level.
Analysis, visualization, prediction and prescriptive features are available in more sophisticated OKR solutions that allow organizational diagnostics, business performance management and other high-leverage outcomes. Integration with other systems including task management, work coordination and personal development tracking/HCM are also highly useful to ensure a consistent and efficient OKR management system.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls and configuration/customization features
- Analytics/metrics/dashboards/visualizations of OKR progress
- Work automation and workflow
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables, embedded in other applications
- Performance management features
- Compliance/governance features and certifications
- Extensibility (APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training)
- Licensing options (freemium, premium, enterprise, external access)
- OKR features: templates, design, creation, prioritization, tracking, organization and analysis
- Strategic management capabilities with goals, alignment and KPIs
- Integration with other business tools/platforms, including human capital management
- Search and discovery capabilities
- Security (access roles, administration roles, transport and storage, encryption key ownership)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion, vendor selection and contract negotiation.