About This Constellation ShortList™
Enterprise file sharing and synchronization solutions allow individuals and teams to create, share and synchronize documents, photos, videos and other content types across multiple devices in a secure manner. This content can be shared both internally with colleagues, as well as externally with customers, prospects and partners.
With the lines between traditional content management and file sharing blurring, these platforms are no longer just for cloud storage. They now enable content to be used within core business processes such as loan applications, medical records, legal contracts, marketing campaigns and product catalogs.
Enterprise File Sharing platforms must meet stringent requirements for compliance, governance, data residency and industry certifications to ensure that the critical business content they contain is created, shared and managed appropriately.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Business operations: funding, acquisitions, executive leadership
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables, embedded in other applications
- Collaboration features
- Compliance/governance features and certifications
- Content creation features
- Customer references
- Deployment options: on premises, cloud, hybrid, data centers locations
- Extensibility (APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training)
- Licensing options (freemium, premium, enterprise, external access) – storage tiers/limits
- Intelligent document features: image tagging, audio transcription, recommend content, compliance checking
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Marketing effectiveness (how well known is the brand, conferences, go-to-market activities)
- Mobile (features, device/OS support, scanning/OCR)
- Search capabilities
- Security (access roles, administration roles, transport and storage, encryption key ownership)
- Templated solutions/use cases
- User interface/experience
- Industry expertise in business-specific use cases
- Workflow and task management
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects, and internal research.
- Axway Syncplicity
- Citrix ShareFile
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.