About This Constellation ShortList™
Enterprise file sharing and synchronization solutions allow individuals and teams to share and synchronize documents, photos, videos and other files across multiple devices in a secure manner. This category refers to people collaborating on and sharing business content in a distributed approach, allowing for real-time editing and file distribution as needed. The most advanced vendors enable developers to create business, content-centric, line-of-business applications that incorporate files as part of the process.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics / metrics
- Application development capabilities
- Client access points (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, application integration)
- Compliance and governance features
- Data protection and backup
- Deployment options (i.e., on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Industry expertise
- Integration with business tools
- Number of and location of data centers
- Pricing plans/tiers: storage limits
- Security (e.g., access levels, transport and storage, encryption key ownership)
- Size and depth of business partner ecosystem
- Variety of supported repositories
- Workflow and task management
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects, and internal research.
The following are the best-of-breed vendors that provide applications and services without bundling into another platform:
- Box Business
- Citrix ShareFile
- Dropbox Business
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.