About This Constellation ShortList™
A digital transformation target platform is an enterprise-class suite of technology capabilities that aims to provide the bulk of the needs for organizations that are reorganizing around strategic new digital products and services. With regards to functionality, such target platforms provide robust and mature primary technologies for the public cloud, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, as well as secondary higher order cloud services, including support for digital business models such as e-commerce, subscriptions, and open APIs. In this way, digital transformation target platforms form a top-to-bottom digital business stack, along with a clear -- and perhaps most importantly -- a proven path from transformation to migration and operations.
A digital transformation target platform distinguishes itself from a pure-play enterprise public cloud platform or a managed service provider by providing digital business transformation capabilities, such as industry accelerators, digital business reference models/blueprints, low code support, business models-in-a-box, design thinking, migration tools/services, and other means of enabling the digital transformation process from a combined technology and business perspective.
Digital transformation target platforms on this Constellation ShortList have global presence with regulatory compliance support across the majority of the developed world. They must also have the ability to support the scale and combined transformational/operational needs of enterprise organizations of the largest size and complexity. Finally, such platforms should have support for many of the key technologies likely to fuel business growth over the next 5-10 years, including such capabilities as next-gen mobility, advanced analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), cognitive technologies, blockchain, APIs/microservices, and natural language interfaces.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions, taking into account capabilities from stablethird-party marketplace providers if required:
- Mature enterprise-class public cloud capabilities (i.e., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Enables digital business models
- Supports the digital transformation process directly in a meaningful way
- Regularly incorporates contemporary emerging technologies
- Tends to favor open source and open standards
- Production scalable and secure on more than three continents
- Supports global data protection standards
- Vendor stability and industry staying power
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Accenture Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services with Deloitte Cloud Platform
- Accenture AWS Business Group
- Google Cloud with Accenture Cloud Services
- IBM Bluemix with IBM Bluemix Garage
- Microsoft Azure with Logicworks
- Outsystems Cloud Platform
- SAP Cloud Platform with SAP Leonardo
- Deloitte Cloud Platform
- Salesforce Cloud Services with Salesforce ITC
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.