About This Constellation ShortList™
Modern intranets have evolved from an “internal company portal” that simply provides access to human resources and financial information, to a central hub for employee engagement. This allows people to connect with the colleagues and content they need in order to get their jobs done.
To seamlessly create a unified experience, it is critical that intranets integrate with other business software, ranging from email and calendar, to line-of-business applications for sales, marketing, customer support and more. Intranets should provide personalized content for each employee, taking his or her job location and role into account to deliver a tailored, in-context experience. Modern intranets also bring together content management, web-conferencing and enterprise group messaging into a single user experience.
With information being shared openly, the need for governance and compliance is critical to the success of any enterprise intranet.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Administration features
- Business Software integrations (LOB apps)
- Customization options (branding and layout)
- Datacenter locations (logic and data residency)
- Deployment options (on-premises, cloud, hybrid)
- Directory integration (people and groups)
- Ecosystem (how robust is partner and ISV support)
- Extensibility (third-party app, APIs and SDKs)
- Feature set (communities, file sharing, content management, task management)
- Governance and compliance options
- Licensing / pricing
- Mobile options
- Personalization features (manual or algorithmic (AI))
- Platform support (i.e., does it require SharePoint, Salesforce, other?)
- Reporting tools and analytics
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation evaluates over 40 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- eXo Platform
- IBM Connections
- Igloo Software
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Salesforce Community Cloud
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.