About This Constellation ShortList™
Matrix Commerce analyzes the disruptive pressures that influence the commerce paradigm. Today, commerce faces rapidly changing business models and new payment options that are often misunderstood and poorly integrated. Analysis based on Matrix Commerce provides the understanding necessary for successfully moving forward with innovative processes, technologies and business models.
Matrix Commerce means the fusing of demand signals and supply chains in an increasingly complex world where buyers seek frictionless buying experiences. Friction in this new world can originate from new regulatory requirements that include sustainability, taxation and privacy.
As commerce continues to evolve around buyer preferences, channels, demand signals, supply chains, payment options, enablers and big data will converge to create Matrix Commerce solutions. Matrix Commerce spans across disciplines as people, processes and technologies continue to transform today’s commerce models.
Best-of-breed commerce solutions deliver a microservices- led, or headless, approach to deliver end-to-end commerce for both the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) markets. This headless or application programming interface (API)-driven approach allows for an easier migration from legacy commerce systems and a modern architecture required for today’s commerce requirements. Constellation estimates the market for Matrix Commerce solutions will reach $10.1 billion by 2026.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Have more than 25 active customers
- Ubiquitous channel delivery
- Multiple stakeholder access
- Enable a consistent brand experience
- Customers have the ability to select the right product or service
- Quantity controls
- Quality controls
- Pricing controls
- Supply from agreed-upon sources
- Accurate fulfillment
- Meet an agreed-upon period of time
- Use the most appropriate packaging
- Include the right documentation
- Complete with the right frequency
- Accurate invoicing
- Efficient collection and settlement capabilities
- Handle returns via any channel
- Address warranty claims against defects
- Accommodate repairs or replacements
- Meet agreed-upon service contracts
- Configurable journeys
- Machine learning and AI prediction of next-best action
- Multi-tenant cloud delivery
- Microservices architecture
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Elastic Path
- Infosys Skava
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.