Infor Acquires SalesLogix To Expand Vertical CRM Footprint
On August 14th, New York City headquartered, enterprise software giant, Infor, announced the intent to acquire the assets of Scottsdale AZ, Saleslogix for an undisclosed sum. For those keeping track of CRM history, Saleslogix was last owned by Sage Group and sold off to Swiftpage, an existing Saleslogix and ACT! partner based in Denver, Colorado. Swiftpage intended to focus in on digital marketing platforms for small and midsized businesses using the ACT! and Saleslogix producst as the base.
However, the Saleslogix fit appeared to work best with midsized to enterprise customers while ACT! was better targeted to the small to medium sized businesses and individual sales professionals. Analysis of the deal shows that:
- Saleslogix provides a strong industry vertical overlap with Infor. Saleslogix brings vertical industry expertise in construction, financial services, government, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, professional services, retail, and transportation. Some notable customers from the 1700 organizations using Saleslogix include ABC Construction, Aspyra, Big River Telephone, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Cabot Corporation, CNL Investment Co., CORE Realty Holdings, Dollar Thrifty Automotive, Hermanson Construction, Kantar Health, Mortgage Lenders of America, and Sandals Resorts.
(POV): Constellation sees a strong vertical alignment with Infor’s deep vertical industry strategy. Infor’s vertical strengths include government, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, and retail. Saleslogix partners often provided deep micro vertical expertise on top of the core cross CRM solution to small and medium sized enterprises.
- Infor CRM will gain a modern multi-tenant SaaS based solution. Infor gains a modern cloud-based CRM solution for sales and service. As part of the Infor CloudSuite, the product will run on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Infor will also continue to develop and support Inforce, the Force.com solution that ties Infor’s ERP and Financial appplications with Salesforce.com.
(POV): Saleslogix is one of the earliest CRM vendors to move to the AWS. The Saleslogix cloud was generally available in June 2010 and has been upgraded since. Infor customers gains key features from Saleslogix 8.1, launched in January 2014. The new social media suite compliments Infor Mingle while other key feature releases include a new mobile platform, improved outlook synchronization, better admin integration, and expanded browser support. The Mobile 3.0 release provided a modern responsive design interface. However, given Infor’s track record, customers can expect Infor’s Hook and Loop design team to massively improve on the existing user experience with cutting edge design to match existing Infor’s newer product lines.
The Bottom Line
Infor’s Saleslogix acquisition breathes new life to the Saleslogix customer and partner base. Constellation sees this as a good move for Saleslogix and Infor customers in general. While Swiftpage did a decent job managing the acquisition and improving the product, Infor’s deeper R&D budget, well paired vertical customer base, and mid market to enterprise focus provides a better fit for long term growth. Existing Infor customers should gain a cloud based CRM that will be enhanced and developed with vertical focus and strong integration frameworks through Infor ION. In addition, Infor intends to bring over 105 employees from the Saleslogix team.
Are you a Saleslogix customers? Do you see this as a positive or negative move? As an existing Infor customer, will this make you more likely to adopt the Infor CRM product? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) com.
Please let us know if you need help with vendor selection efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Designing a next gen apps strategy
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- News Analysis: Understanding The Microsoft and Salesforce Partnership From The Customers POV
- Event Report: Microsoft Convergence 2014 Day 1 Demonstrates Solid Momentum and Mindshare ( #CONV14 )
- News Analysis: FinancialForce.com ERP Arrives To Signal The Era Of Best Of Breed Cloud Suites
- News Analysis: Acumatica Raises $10M In Series C Funding, Aims For 1B In Revenue By 2023
- News Analysis: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Acquires Parature For Customer Service Capabilities
- News Analysis: Aptean Six Months After The CDC Software And Consona Merger
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: Seven Trends From This Year’s Human Resources Technology Conference 2013 (#HRTechConf)
- Event Report: Metaio’s #InsideAR Conference Hails The Future Of An Always On, Always Augmented Reality
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
- News Analysis: Kana Express 13 Addresses Omni-Channel Customer Service for Mid-Market
- News Analysis: Oracle’s Cloud Strategy – Revisionist History or Cloud Genius?
- News Analysis: The Vibe On Informatica’s Virtual Data Machine
- Monday’s Musings: The Controversy Surrounding Gartner’s CRM Market Share Analysis
- Research Summary: Constellation Cosmos – Cloud Bill of Rights for SaaS Apps, Actian and Netsuite Achieve Epic Status
- Executive Profiles: Kirill Tatarinov, President Microsoft Business Solutions
- Event Report: Microsoft Dynamics Convegence 2013 (#conv13)
- Event Report: Customers Very Happy At Ultimate Connections 2013 (#ulticonnect)
- Event Report: Informatica Analyst Day Reveals A Growth Strategy
- Trends: Seven Priorities In The Shift From CMO to Chief Digital Officer
- News Analysis: Adobe Behances The Creative Class With $150M Community Acquisition
- Market Maker 1:1: Steve Miranda, Oracle Fusion Applications Update – The Inside Story
- Monday’s Musings: Understand The Four Organizational Personas Of Disruptive Tech Adoption
- Event Report: IFS World Conference 2012 – Innovations Abound Beyond ERP (#IFSWoCo2012)
- News Analysis: SnapLogic Snaps Up $20M In Series C Funding For Cloud Integration
- Event Report: The Day 0 & Day 1 Tweet Stream From #OOW12
- Event Report: The Tweet Stream From #DF12
- Event Report: Dreamforce X (#DF12) Emerges As The South By Southwest (#SXSW) For The Enterprise
- News Analysis: Epicor Acquires Solarsoft, Moves Closer To $1B in Annual Revenues
- Monday’s Musings: The New Engagement Platform Drives The Shift From Transactions
- News Analysis: KANA Enters MidMarket With Trinicom Acquisition
- Best Practices: From First To Worst – Continental In A Post United World, Lessons In Next Gen Customer Experience
- Monday’s Musings: Seven Basic Privacy Rights Users Should Demand For Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Balancing The Six S’s In Consumerization Of IT
- Monday’s Musings: A Working Vendor Landscape For Social Business
- Product Review: Google+, Consumerization of IT, and Crossing The Chasm For Enterprise Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Using MDM To Build A Complete Customer View In A Social Era
- Monday’s Musings: Mastering When and How High End Brands Should Use Daily Deal Sites Such As Groupon
- Best Practices: Applying Social Business Challenges To Social Business Maturity Models
- Research Summary: Software Insider’s Top 25 Posts For 2010
- Best Practices: Five Simple Rules For Social Business
- Research Report: How The Five Pillars Of Consumer Tech Influence Enterprise Innovation
- Research Report: Next Gen B2B and B2C E-Commerce Priorities Reflect Macro Level Trends
- Tuesday’s Tip: Applying The Five Stages Of Adoption Towards SCRM Projects
- Monday’s Musings: Avoiding Failure In Social CRM Projects Requires Ecosystem Coordination
- Research Report: The 18 Use Cases of Social CRM – The New Rules of Relationship Management
- Monday’s Musings: Why Every Social CRM Initiative Needs An MDM Backbone
- Monday’s Musings: 10 Essential Elements For Social Enterprise Apps
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy, stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 – 2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience!
The post News Analysis: SalesLogix Given New Life With Infor Acquisition appeared first on A Software Insider's Point of View.