About This Constellation ShortList™
Social engagement once again shifted in 2021 as consumers connect with friends, family and communities when meeting in person continued to be challenging. At the same time, consumers became frustrated and disillusioned with platforms themselves. From conversation to commerce, 2021 became a proving ground to see just how well brands could track, react and resonate with their customers.
Today, social engagement and listening solutions must accommodate both social monitoring (the capability to capture and aggregate conversations and mentions while delivering insights into tone, sentiment and degree of influence) and social listening (the capability to hear and home in on the voice of the customer, be it an individual or a segment, market or industry).
Social analytics and social service capabilities are table steaks when shopping social platforms. The ability to capture, analyze and deliver customer insights and social intelligence is also core to any solution. This data should be available to every part of the business, including out of the box integrations with core marketing and customer experience solutions, including customer relationship management (CRM), customer service or support, customer data platforms (CDP) and marketing automation solutions as a real-time reflection of a customer.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Plan, publish, schedule and manage flow of social media content
- Monitor and have capacity to help respond to inquiries and content
- Capacity to manage multiple accounts across global social platforms
- Acquire real-time social/digital insights from multiple signal sources
- Provide data management, data acquisition, export, archiving and API integration
- Deliver data analysis and visualization, media statistics, sentiment analysis, influencer profiling and analysis
- Allow for cross-team and cross-functional collaboration, approval and optimized workflow
- Suggest next best action for engagement across advertising, marketing campaigns and customer journeys
- Support multiple languages
- Integrate into a customer relationship management or customer experience systems
- Connectors to customer data platforms and engagement systems of record
- Apply ML and AI techniques for pattern recognition, topic and market identification and aggregation, smart assignments and automated response
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- HUBSPOT SOCIAL
- SPROUT SOCIAL
- ZOHO SOCIAL
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.