About This Constellation ShortList™
Social engagement and listening solutions must aggregate and power social engagements, connections and conversations. Social engagement platforms must empower interaction, manage communications and deliver analytics to demonstrate impact and results. Today’s platforms manage social monitoring (the capability to capture and aggregate conversations and mentions while delivering insights into tone, sentiment and degree of influence) and social listening (the capability to hear and home in on the voice of the customer, be it an individual or a segment, market or industry).
A critical component of any platform is the ability to capture, analyze and deliver customer insights and social intelligence. This data should be available to every part of the business as a real-time reflection of a customer in the wild.
Criteria for this list include machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to improve pattern recognition, optimize sentiment and accelerate automation as well as continued improvements to analytics and reporting. New to this list is a demand for native or out-of- the-box integrations with core marketing and customer experience solutions, including customer relationship management (CRM), customer support, customer data platforms (CDP) and marketing automation solutions.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Acquire real-time social/digital insights from multiple signal sources
- Provide data management, data acquisition, export, archiving and API integration
- Enable bidirectional engagement and connection in response to aggregated conversations
- Deliver data analysis and visualization, media statistics, sentiment analysis, influencer profiling and analysis
- Allow for cross-team and cross-functional collaboration, approval and optimized workflow
- Suggest next best action for engagement across advertising, marketing campaigns and customer journeys
- Support multiple languages
- Integrate into a customer relationship management or customer experience systems
- Connectors to customer data platforms and engagement systems of record
- Apply ML and AI techniques for pattern recognition
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- HubSpot Social
- Salesforce Social Studio within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Sprout Social
- Zoho Social
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.