About This Constellation ShortList™
Social engagement and listening solutions must aggregate and power social engagements, connections and conversations. At minimum, a social engagement platform should empower interaction, manage communications and deliver analytics to demonstrate impact and results. Evolving platforms should manage both social monitoring (the capability to capture and aggregate conversations and mentions while delivering insights into tone, sentiment and degree of influence) and social listening (the capability to hear and home in on the voice of the customer, be it an individual or a segment, market or industry). Across all platforms, the expectation is that digital conversations can be tracked, understood and replied to based on specific search queries and tags, offering key insights into opportunity and the customer through the analysis of those conversations.
A critical component is the ability to capture, analyze and deliver key insights and intelligence from across online conversations and inform the entire organization, from product to overall strategy. Social intelligence should be used by every part of the business—from product launch and development to manufacturing and delivery—as a real-time reflection of a customer in the wild.
New criteria for this list include machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to improve pattern recognition, optimize sentiment and accelerate automation as well as continued improvements to business reporting and the continued evolution of dynamic, personalized creative content delivery across social channels.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Acquire real-time social/digital insights from multiple signal sources
- Provide data management, data acquisition, export, archiving and API integration
- Enable bidirectional engagement and connection in response to aggregated conversations
- Deliver data analysis and visualization, media statistics, sentiment analysis, influencer profiling and analysis
- Allow for cross-team and cross-functional collaboration, approval and optimized workflow
- Suggest next best action for engagement across advertising, marketing campaigns and customer journeys
- Support multiple languages
- Integrate into a customer relationship management or customer experience system
- Apply ML and AI techniques for pattern recognition
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Falcon.io (Cision)
- HubSpot Social
- Meltwater Social (Sysomos)
- Salesforce Social Studio within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Sprout Social
- Zoho Social
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.