About This Constellation ShortList™
Public cloud transformational services vendors represent the global managed service providers and system integrators who are helping clients deliver on business transformation, starting with the public cloud.
These vendors are helping clients bring together complex cloud migrations that meet Constellation’s first four levels of the five-level maturity in cloud-led business transformation. These levels include:
- Level 1: Cloud lift and shift
- Level 2: Operational efficiency including data and process
- Level 3: Data-driven digital transformation
- Level 4: Industry partnerships
- Level 5: Value chain convergence
Constellation estimates that the overall market size is $802.72 billion in 2026, growing at 17.1% compounded annual growth rate (CAGR).
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Two or more strategic partnerships with Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Huawei Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud.
- Three or more deep industry-vertical cloud native capabilities.
- Sales, delivery, and customer support teams in more than two mega regions (e.g., NA, SA, EMEA, APAC).
- At least $50 million in cloud services annual revenue.
- Full delivery of infrastructure managed services including operations, management, optimization, and modernization for compute, storage, and network resources.
- Support for key ERP and supply chain operational capabilities.
- Mainframe managed services including legacy application support and dedicated virtualization capabilities.
- Support for at least two of the common platforms in enterprises — cloud-based applications, on-premises applications, client/server technology stack, and mainframe platform(s).
- Ability to build strategic custom transformation capabilities, and operate them.
- Integration, orchestration, and management of integration, microservices, and API.
- Data center outsourcing including on-premises management, colocation, mainframe hosting, edge computing, and cloud services.
- Focus on analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence to accelerate business transformation.
- Less than 40% of revenue from solely data center operations as counted toward cloud services.
- More than 35% of cloud revenue focused on business transformation.
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- PERSISTENT SYSTEMS
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.