About This Constellation ShortList™
With close to 750 million people living in Europe, double the amount of North America, the European talent management market reached a notable size. It features some unique characteristics. For instance, the unfavorable aging dynamics in many European countries increase the competition for talent and require a new approach for talent management best practices. At the same time, European legislative bodies are not standing still when it comes to regulations, especially privacy- related legislations, including the effects and ramifications of GDPR. All of this creates a unique breeding ground and market for talent management in Europe, where European-based CxOs look for local vendors that understand these dynamics.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- More than 750 production installs
- At least four or more talent management functions generally available
- Bulk of business conducted in Europe (over 66%)
- European-based headquarters
- Support for at least five European countries from a legislative compliance perspective
- Support for at least ten European languages out of the box
- Representation in at least five European countries (possible through partnerships but corporate presence scores higher)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 15 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Saba Software
- Sage People (Performance Management and Talent Management, Talent Acquisition)
- Talentsoft (now part of Cegid)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.