About This Constellation ShortList™
Public relations (PR) and communications professionals were tested and challenged in 2020 like never before. From managing response to a global pandemic to rapid response to an ongoing rollercoaster of social dialogue and political theater, teams have been asked to fill more roles not typically within the PR purview. Teams are also being charged with reshaping the metrics of PR as business leaders have started to expect a definition of return that more closely reflects the revenue-driven language of the business. This has pushed new expectations on earned media solutions as leaders look for new analytics, new workflows to master operations and new cost structures to bring more operational rigor to communications.
Earned media management continues to be an evolving segment where automation, AI and data continue to take center stage as savvy practitioners and communications leaders look to deploy technologies to streamline workflows as well as track performance and effectiveness while making inroads to better connect actions and impact more closely to business outcomes.
This Constellation ShortList reviews solutions that look to engage brands with their buyers in bidirectional conversations and relationships built on top of earned media mentions, coverage and commentary.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Ease of use across multiple points of access (web/mobile)
- Frequently updated media database with contact management
- Real-time monitoring across all forms and formats of news media, social media, word of mouth, organic digital mentions, influencer commentary and customer generated content and reviews
- Global media distribution of multimedia content
- Access to intelligence based on sentiment, tonality and direction
- Workflows, scheduling and approvals
- Secure controlled access with rule- or role-based controls
- Global reach with superior local intelligence and insight
- Analytics, measurement and reporting
- Application of machine learning or artificial intelligence techniques to boost accuracy of media database, media monitoring aggregation, sentiment analysis and campaign outcomes, and content improvement recommendations
- Quality service, help desk and ongoing support
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 40 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Agility PR
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.