About This Constellation ShortList™
Earned media—or any content, communications or promotion involving a brand that has not been paid for
or written or created by that brand—has become a critical customer touch point. Over the past five years, earned media has become more difficult to “manufacture” as influencers, editors and journalists have become a more trusted and discerning voice to capture and sway customer mindsets and intentions.
Beyond the functional practice of public relations, earned media management has emerged as a new area of automation and data application as savvy practitioners and communications leaders look to deploy technologies to streamline workflows as well as track performance and effectiveness while making inroads to better connect actions and impact more closely to business outcomes.
Just as the days of “spray and pray” marketing and advertising have given way to focused action and personalization, earned media practices have evolved, answering a call for unbiased, authentic content from trusted and valued sources that drive profitable, durable relationships across the market. This Constellation ShortList reviews solutions that look to engage brands with their buyers in bidirectional conversations and relationships built on top of earned media mentions, coverage and commentary.
Constellation considers the following key criteria for these solutions:
- Ease of use across multiple points of access (web/mobile)
- Media database with contact management
- Real-time monitoring across all forms and formats of news media, social media, word of mouth, organic digital mentions, influencer commentary and customer-generated content and reviews
- Global media distribution of multimedia content
- Access to intelligence based on sentiment, tonality and direction
- Workflows, scheduling and approvals
- Secure controlled access with rule- or role-based controls
- Global reach with superior local intelligence and insight
- Analytics, measurement and reporting
- Application of machine learning or artificial intelligence techniques to boost automation, content/story recognition and aggregation, sentiment analysis and campaign outcomes, and improvement recommendations
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 40 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Agility PR
- Notified (Intrado)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.