About This ShortList
Digital asset management (DAM) enables brands to manage, catalog, deliver, analyze, orchestrate and renew all forms of digital content across a growing landscape of channels. In the new age of digital-first experience, DAM must extend beyond traditional marketing and creative walls to serve the entirety of customer experience’s front lines—delivering assets to sales and customer service engagement and automation solutions.
The past year witnessed a significant evolution in DAM as Generative AI models stormed into broad access, impacting search across libraries, and new heights in collaboration and workflow effectiveness . The capacity to create as well as organize and orchestrate brings the true power of a modern DAM platform as a dynamic experience asset hub rather than a static library into view. Modern DAM solutions must be able to feed compliance-assured files into larger engagement, personalization and revenue engines like configure price quote (CPQ) platforms and digital experience (DX) platforms. These asset hubs must also allow for non-creative and non-marketing users to personalize assets to meet the needs of specific audiences, segments and individual customers. Asset analytics that measure utilization, impact and value of assets being utilized across all business users and experiences are also included in these robust platforms.
Increasingly, vendors are including robust, feature-rich DAM solutions into larger CMS or DXP suites. While many of these offerings are comparable to many stand-alone solutions, they are not included in this review.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Asset aggregation, storage and management for files including images, video, document and emerging formats including 3D
- Simple asset editing and personalization
- Workflows, cross team collaboration and approvals
- Metadata management powered by smart tools and AI
- Taxonomy and automated ontologies
- AI/ML powered automated cropping, image manipulation and content awareness
- GenerativeAI tools to optimize search and access to natural language prompts to empower creators to simply ask for files or for creative iterations
- GenAI models focused on content creation, iteration and personalization of assets
- Rights management and automated controls
- Secure controlled access with rule- or role-based controls
- Compliance controls and documentation
- Rendition management
- Search, including voice, visual, metadata filters, full-text, color, location, multilingual and multifaceted search
- Globalization and localization capabilities with multinational support
- Analytics and reporting, including asset impact analytics
- Out-of-the-box integrations and API connectors (including to service and sales engagement delivery tools)
- Content delivery network (CDN) access or native integration
- Application of ML or AI techniques to boost automation and asset recognition, categorization, tagging and application
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects market share and internal research.
- Adobe Experience Manager Assets
- Acquia DAM (Widen)
- Aprimo Digital Asset Management
- Brandfolder by Smartsheet
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.