About This Constellation ShortList™
Digital asset management (DAM) enables brands to manage, catalog, deliver, analyze, orchestrate and renew all forms of digital content across a growing landscape of channels. Usually, DAM solutions are used to manage content in the context of use and application, bringing order, consistency and optimal accessibility.
DAM solutions have become more important to marketing, sales and operations teams looking to maintain a consistent brand face while delivering scalable personalization thanks to seamless integrations to points of engagement and content management systems. From photos to videos, audio, graphics and presentation files, DAM platforms have emerged as a central hub feeding managed, tagged and compliance- assured files into larger engagement and revenue engines like configure price quote (CPQ) platforms and digital experience (DX) platforms.
This Constellation ShortList category evaluates the best-of- breed players serving global customers managing omnichannel assets in cross-channel digital experiences. It considers the heritage of DAM systems to import, catalog, manage and organize complex file types and sizes, with
an eye on emerging innovations, including artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced video collaboration and management tools.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Ease of use across multiple points of access (web/mobile)
- Asset manipulation, formatting and updating for image and video
- Workflows and approvals
- Metadata management
- Taxonomy and automated ontologies
- Rights management
- Secure controlled access with rule- or role-based controls
- Compliance controls and documentation
- Rendition management
- Search, including voice, visual, metadata filters, full-text, color, location, multilingual and multifaceted search
- Collaboration tools and workflow controls
- Globalization and localization capabilities with multinational support
- Analytics and reporting
- Out-of-the-box integrations and API connectors
- Application of ML or AI techniques to boost automation and asset recognition, categorization, tagging and application
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects market share and internal research.
- Adobe Experience Manager Assets
- Aprimo Digital Asset Management
- Oracle CX Content
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this Constellation ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.