About This Constellation ShortList™
The portfolio of applications and websites people use to work with their colleagues and engage with customers is rapidly growing. Learning how to efficiently use them all can be a major challenge. If the hurdles are not overcome, employee satisfaction and customer loyalty can suffer, creating a negative reputation for the brand.
To solve these challenges, a new category of software is emerging that helps guide people from right within the context of the task or process they are performing. Constellation Research refers to this category as Digital Adoption Platforms (DAP). While it is easy to see these tools as just on-screen guides, the real value of them lies in the information they collect on user behavior and the insights and actions that can be extracted from that data to help optimize the way people get work done.
As this market begins to mature, fragmentation is occurring with some vendors developing a general-purpose framework, while others are focusing on specific use cases, such as human resources, support helpdesk or product management.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Pre-built templates and integrations for popular business applications
- Guidance should be contextual, not limited to linear progression of steps
- Personalization, offering each person his/her own custom experience
- Low complexity of development required to create the guides/workflows
- Dashboards/analytics to provide insights to administrators, helping them understand user behavior and reduce errors
- Use of artificial intelligence for rules engine to dynamically improve workflow conditions
- Professional services to help customers with implementation and best practices
The Constellation ShortList™
The Constellation ShortList evaluates over 15 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects, and internal research.
- AppLearn ADOPT
- Inline Manual
- Iridize (by Oracle)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.