About This Constellation ShortList™
The portfolio of business software, websites and mobile applications employees use to get their jobs done is growing rapidly. With each tool having a different look and feel, features and processes, learning how to effectively use all these tools quickly becomes a big challenge. If these hurdles are not overcome, adoption of the tools suffers, support costs go up, and the value of the tools goes down. On the external side, prospects and customers face similar challenges when navigating the wide variety of websites and social media applications required to engage with their favorite brands. This type of friction reduces customer loyalty, hurts sales and creates a bad reputation for the brand.
To solve these challenges, a new category of software is emerging that can be integrated into applications and websites to help guide people from right within the context of the task they are trying to perform. Constellation Research refers to this category as Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs), and organizations of all sizes are using this new type of software to coach people toward more successful adoption of applications and websites.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- What target platforms/applications can guidance be provided for (e.g., business applications, websites, mobile applications)?
- Are there pre-built templates for popular enterprise platforms?
- Available for desktop and mobile/tablet usage
- Design must be customizable so that branding is consistent with corporate applications/websites
- How many languages are supported?
- Guidance must support both text and rich media (e.g., videos, polls, forms)
- Must support both external (customer) and internal (employee) use cases
- Contextual awareness. The guidance should not be linear but rather understand exactly what the person is trying to do at the moment
- Assistance must be personalized, offering each user their own experience, not a generic one
- Design/authoring of the rules/workflow and displayed content should not require a professional application developer
- Dashboards/analytics must be available that provide insights to administrators, helping them understand user behavior and reduce errors
- What level of artificial intelligence does the rules engine have to learn to dynamically improve the workflow conditions
- User data must be secure
- Professional services that can help customers with implementation and best practices
The Constellation ShortList
Constellation several solutions in this new market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects, and internal research.
- Inline Manual
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.