About This Constellation ShortList™
Configure, price, quote (CPQ) software automates the sales-to-close process while providing a critical experience to customers. These tools make it possible to configure products and offerings, help improve the accuracy of quotes, assure compliance with discounting and margin policies, accelerate internal deal review while providing customers with detailed quotes far more quickly than manual processes allow.
CPQ solutions connect finance, product and sales departments, linking product information and pricing policies with sales processes to generate and manage proposals. Increasingly, CPQ provides critical insights and intelligence across the enterprise, delivering high-fidelity customer-driven signal on need, intent and specific product needs. CPQ has emerged as core to both experience and revenue accelera- tion strategies by lighten the workload for sellers and giving custom- ers actionable information faster.
Modern CPQ has applied AI and more customer-facing interactive experiences. AI-powered features including guided selling, opportunity analytics and recommendations, intelligent pricing
and virtual assistants are increasingly available out of the box. The first glimpses of selling in the metaverse emerge as CPQ tools offer more visually immersive environments where customers and sellers can connect and collaborate in a real time, data-driven, AI powered 3D-visualized experience.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Ease of use, user interface
- Mobile friendly for customers and sellers
- Robust price management including deal optimization with profitability modeling capabilities
- Integration into core ERP, Finance and CRM systems
- Broad geographical reach for multilanguage/currency support
- Catalog management and product configuration, with advanced solutions including 2D and 3D visualizations
- Contract management including subscription management tools
- Workflow management
- Guided selling, smart recommendation and upselling support
- Selling-anywhere cross-functional accessibility
- Analytics, configurable dashboards and role-based reporting
- AI-powered analytics, cross/up-selling, discount and pricing guidance, opportunity analysis, configuration predictions
- Security and compliance including audit trails, data privacy compliance and rule based and role-based permissions and authorizations
- Capacity to integrate and deploy self-service options for sellers and consumers
- Post-sales support and community
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research. Other considerations include whether a vendor has the broad geographical reach to support multicurrency/language considerations and manage the complexity around multiple lines of business to support growth.
- CONGA CPQ
- EPICOR CPQ
- INFOR CPQ
- ORACLE CPQ
- PROS SMART CPQ
- SALESFORCE REVENUE CLOUD
- SAP SALES CLOUD CPQ
- YAGNA IQ
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.