About This Constellation ShortList™
In a time when the inability to gather couldn’t dampen the desire to connect, solutions to stage, execute and follow- through on compelling and engaging conferences and large- scale events wasn’t just important...it was critical. Digital event platforms have always required capabilities to host dynamic speakers sharing informative content. Solutions needed to capitalize on moments and opportunities to meet and connect with peers, customers and potential clients across rich environments to explore, educate and engage.
This new digital era of engagement and experiences has placed significant new demands on the platforms and providers of virtual trade shows, conferences and events to offer the same dynamic, visually engaging, compelling interface with real-time connectivity, sharing and points of interaction to mimic live relationship-building experiences. Organizations are seeking connected and comprehensive conference platforms that are capable of delivering on both experiences and opportunities for monetization, while also delivering the foundation to manage the entire event process from ticketing and registration, sponsorships and paid content syndication.
Constellation analysts are on the lookout for rapid innovation and improvements in this category due in large part to evolving work, travel and event opportunities as post-pandemic operations continue to take shape. With new announcements from Zoom, LinkedIn and broadcast players like Twitch/AWS, this sector will drive interest and opportunity for adjacent markets to start looking to the virtual event industry as a market ripe for disruption.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Capacity to seamlessly host large scale, multispeaker, multimedia events
- Support for many formats and modalities from video and audio to virtual reality
- Multiple room style and formats for keynotes, breakout sessions, roundtables and one-on-one meetings
- Robust streaming for both live and on-demand across multiple simultaneous streams
- Registration with flexible form fields for lead capture
- Easy-to-customize agenda and interfaces from virtual lobbies to rooms, booths and stalls
- Commerce and monetization of ticketing, sponsored content and engagement zones and interactive trade show booth formats
- Customized branding and console configuration
- Quick, stable, reliable connectivity with toll-free, international calling and access
- Multihost, scalable speaker and producer interface
- Pre- and post-event communications, alerts, calendar invitations and reminders
- Multibrowser responsive user experience, installed app for Mac and Windows, native mobile apps
- Live audience engagement tools, polls, voting, chat, screen markup, comments, Q&A
- Attendee profiles, avatars, preference center, attendee directory and interest matching
- Self-service experience building for attendees including schedule and community engagement
- Interface that’s easy to use, update and customize for sponsor “booth” experience
- Integration into key systems, social, marketing automation, CRM
- Session recording and streaming playback
- Security, role-based access and authorization, customer viewer controls
- Analytics and robust reporting, viewers (live vs. on-demand), attention, downloads
- Support, training and community for users
- Accessibility features including real-time voice transcription and translation
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 30 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Communique Virtual Trade Show
- INXPO (Intrado)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.