About This Constellation ShortList™
Today’s chief marketing officer is increasingly considered the growth driver for the modern enterprise. This has amplified the call for marketing analytics tools to quickly evolve from campaign performance trackers into more robust business intelligence and decisioning tools. Modern marketing analytics solutions must be capable of reporting on budget, performance and optimization while also delivering robust intelligence on customers, resources, markets and opportunities.
Legacy functions of marketing analytics solutions—including the ability to synthesize data from a multitude of internal and external channels for budgeting, spend optimization and campaign performance measurement— continue to be core to consideration. However, platforms must also deliver powerful BI functionality that empowers marketing to embrace a culture of data-led decisioning.
Top of mind for CMOs is the ability teams to interrogate customer and campaign data in a self-service, visually appealing, easy-to-dissect interface. Artificial intelligence (AI) helps ingest and manage data from multiple internal and external sources, but also helps surface intelligent insights for marketers to make better decisions. This list includes solutions that are powerful for marketing data scientists, yet are simple for nontechnical marketers to operate.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these offerings:
- Ease of use and setup for nontechnical users (marketers) with functional options for developers and analysts
- Ability to ingest and report on marketing and advertising data across all online and offline interactions and campaigns
- Robust marketing attribution, forecasting and predictive analytics capabilities
- Customizable role-based dashboards
- Easy-to-create visualizations across a wide range of chart and graph types
- Integration with sales force automation, marketing automation, advertising platforms and other customer data sources for consolidated customer engagement visibility
- Extensibility through ecosystem of third-party integration apps
- Facilitate data collaboration and interrogation with other marketers and cross-functional teams
- Security, authentication tools, role-based access, data governance and lineage tracking
- Intelligent models built from user-defined core business metrics
- Anywhere accessibility across desktop and mobile
- AI and ML to assist with data ingestion, analysis and decision intelligence
- Product vision and roadmap
- Post-sale support and community
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 35 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Adobe Analytics
- Microsoft Power BI
- SAS Customer Intelligence
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList will be updated once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.