About This Constellation ShortList™
Enterprise file-sharing solutions allow individuals and teams to create, share and synchronize documents, photos, videos and other content types across any device in a secure man- ner. This content can be shared both internally with col- leagues, as well as externally with customers, prospects and partners.
With the lines blurring between traditional content manage- ment and file sharing, these platforms are no longer just for cloud storage. They now enable content to be used within core business processes such as loan applications, medical records, legal contracts, marketing campaigns and product catalogs.
Enterprise file-sharing platforms must meet stringent require- ments for compliance, governance, data residency and indus- try certifications to ensure that the critical business content they contain is created, shared and managed appropriately.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Automation and workflow
- Business partner ecosystem
- Client options: desktop, mobile, tablet, large screen, wearables, embedded in other applications
- Collaboration features
- Compliance/governance features and certifications
- Deployment options: on premises, cloud, hybrid
- Extensibility (APIs/SDKs, documentation, samples, training)
- Licensing options (freemium, premium, enterprise, external access), storage tiers/limits
- Intelligent document features: image tagging, audio transcription, recommend content, compliance checking
- Integration with other business tools/platforms
- Search and discovery capabilities
- Security (access roles, administration roles, transport and storage, encryption key ownership)
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 40 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- GOOGLE DRIVE
- ZOHO WORKDRIVE
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.