About This Constellation ShortList™
More than any market segment, commerce simply isn’t what it was 12 months ago. High-volume commerce engines needed to rapidly adapt to new business models while simultaneously fusing the demand signals from a digitally dependent and distributed marketplace.
This amplified calls for extended opportunities for frictionless access to personalized content across a complex omnichannel digital presentation layer. It required commerce organizations to rethink their last mile of experience where assets reach the intended buyers.
Digital asset management (DAM) enables brands to manage, deliver, analyze, and renew all forms of digital content across all possible channels. Unlike mass asset storage systems, DAM solutions manage content and context to drive customer experience and commerce. These tools offer the opportunity for the front line of experience delivery—from marketing to service and sales—to access and customize assets to not just meet the display channel, but also meet the expectations for relevant engagement by the customer.
This category covers the vendors who can scale and optimize DAM for high-volume commerce. Increasingly, these solutions require advanced file management including capacity to store, edit, and deliver complex assets including video, 3D, and AR file formats to create robust configure, price, quote; digital dressing room; or virtual commerce environments. Tools must scale to accommodate storage while delivering innovations around AI/ML tools for smart tagging, asset editing, localization, and globalization.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Asset aggregation, storage, and management for files including images, videos, documents, and emerging formats including 3D
- Workflows, cross-team collaboration, and approvals
- Metadata management powered by smart tools and AI
- Taxonomy and automated ontologies
- Ease-of-user access across web and mobile channels
- Rights management
- Rendition management
- Search, including natural language processing (NLP) search tools
- Capacity for globalization and localization
- Analytics and reporting on asset performance and utilization
- Rule-based and role-based access and utilization controls
- Custom microsites for partner and collaborator access to assets
- Flexible and scalable storage costs and pricing
- Integration with complementary systems
- Integrations to key commerce solutions including product information management (PIM), content management systems (CMS), and commerce engines
- High-scale transaction volumes
- Enterprise-scale security
- Application of ML or AI for automated asset recognition, categorization, tagging, application, and personalization
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 65 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortListis determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Adobe Experience Manager Assets
- AprimoDigital Asset Management
- Hyland Nuxeo
- Widen Collective
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortListwill be updated at least once per year. There could be an update after six months, should the analyst deem it necessary.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.