About This Constellation ShortList™
There are still build-versus-buy questions when it comes to data science. If you need image or video recognition, speech-to-text transcription, language translation, web-scale search, or temporary use of massive or state-of-the-art processing, why reinvent the wheel? These massive public cloud providers offer pre-built machine learning (ML) and cognitive services that train and operate at a scale and with accuracy no mere enterprise can hope to achieve. What’s more, these pre-built services are now the starting points for custom model development, and reasonably data-savvy team members can do it without coding or data science expertise.
Even if you have a data science team, these cloud kingpins offer them all the advanced compute capacity, elastic scalability and diverse data science libraries they’ll need. They may want to choose favored tools or their own collaborative data science environments, but leave the cognitive demands, spikey projects, state-of-the-art GPU requirements, and even the routine-but-episodic workloads to the cloud.
There have been no changes in the vendors selected for this list since the Q1 2019 update.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- On-demand cloud services for image/video recognition, multi-language speech and text recognition, language translation, broad search and recommendation capabilities.
- Low-code/no-code options for custom ML/DL model development.
- Low-code/no-code options for building, deploying and maintaining bots and natural-language interfaces.
- Extensive tool, notebook and ML/DL library options geared to data science professionals.
- Collaborative environments for model development, deployment and ongoing performance monitoring.
- Availability of state-of-the-art graphical processing unit (GPU) compute capacity.
- Global presence, massive compute/storage/network capacity and the ability to satisfy country-specific data-residency requirements.
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than a dozen solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com