About This Constellation ShortList™
Cloud-based business intelligence (BI) and analytics platforms do more than just ease the burden of deploying and adminis- tering infrastructure and software. Cloud BI and analytics can help companies gain deep, contextual insights from combina- tions of internal and external data. Many organizations are not only shifting more workloads into clouds, they are increasingly tapping cloud-based data sources, such as software-as-a-ser- vice apps, social networks, third-party enrichment data and partner data accessed in the cloud. Cloud-based deployment options bring the analytics to the data, reducing the cost and latency of data access and data movement.
Cloud-based BI and analytics systems are services-enabled hubs for developing and delivering rich insights where need- ed, whether that’s in the cloud or on-premises. What’s more, reports, dashboards, KPIs, alerts and recommendations may need to be embedded into applications. The user can’t be assumed to be an internal employee who can be trained, so intuitive visualizations and interfaces are a must.
There have been no changes to the vendors included since the Q3 2021 ShortList.
Constellation considers the following criteria for cloud-based business intelligence:
- Delivery of a public cloud–native or multicloud business intelligence and analytics platform with hybrid data-access capabilities
- Data management capabilities including data integration and self-service data preparation
- Breadth of analysis tools, including dashboarding, data visualization and basic forecasting and predictive capabilities
- Mobile reporting, visualization, analysis
- Support for services-based delivery of insights into internal and external applications
- Rich collaboration features for authors, analysts and consumers
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 25 solutions categorized in this market. The Constellation ShortListis determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- LOOKER (GOOGLE)
- MICROSOFT POWER BI
- ORACLE ANALYTICS CLOUD
- SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD
- TABLEAU (SALESFORCE)
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.