About This Constellation ShortList™
Campaign to commerce focuses on the front end of commerce, starting with the initial attraction of prospects to the completion of the order by the customer. Commerce faces rapidly changing business models and new payment options that are often misunderstood and poorly integrated.
As the world revolves around the buyer, channels, demand signals, supply chains, payment options, enablers, and big data will converge to create what Constellation coined in 2011 as Matrix Commerce™. It analyzes the disruptive pressures influencing the commerce paradigm.
Matrix Commerce means the fusing of demand signals and supply chains in an increasingly complex world of buyers seeking frictionless buying experiences. Friction in this new world originates from new regulatory requirements, such as sustainability, taxation and privacy.
The big shift in the past 18 months is the move to microservices architectures.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Ubiquitous channel delivery
- Multiple stakeholder access
- Enable a consistent brand experience
- Customers have the ability to select the right product or service
- Quantity controls
- Quality controls
- Pricing controls
- Supply from agreed-upon sources
- Accurate fulfillment
- Accommodate repairs or replacements
- Meet an agreed-upon period of time
- Use the most appropriate packaging
- Include the right documentation
- Complete with the right frequency
- Accurate invoicing
- Efficient collection and settlement capabilities
- Handle returns via any channel
- Address warranty claims against defects
- Meet agreed-upon service contracts
- Configurable journeys
- Machine learning and AI prediction of next-best action
- Multi-tenant cloud delivery
- Microservices architecture
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 50 offerings in this market. The Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Elastic Path
- Magento, An Adobe Company
- Oracle Commerce
- Oracle NetSuite
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Symphony Commerce
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.