About This Constellation ShortList™
Despite all their challenges, meetings - both in person and online - remain one of the most important components of teamwork. They enable people to discuss ideas, make decisions, and build relationships. Unfortunately, meetings are still so plagued with problems - both technological and cultural - that most employees dread the mere thought of attending.
Thankfully, dozens of software vendors now strive to solve the common issues with digital meetings, helping evolve them from fraught with difficulty to actually useful. The entire meeting lifecycle is being enhanced, from purpose and preparation, to facilitation and execution, to follow-ups and next steps. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality are being used to improve everything from finding the best time and location, to automating note taking and task assignments, to using facial recognition for sentiment analysis and improving engagement.
This Constellation ShortList highlights a few of the vendors making big strides in this fast emerging and highly important market.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Ease of setup, scheduling, and meeting delivery
- Analytics/metrics/usage dashboards (personal, team and meeting-specific)
- Collaboration features: collaborative note taking, chat, annotations and commenting, real-time reactions, sharing to other tools
- Facilitation features: automated note taking, audio transcription, keyword flagging, sentiment analysis, and people/object recognition in videos
- Follow-up features: assignment tracking, automated summaries, recommended next steps, future
- Integration with business applications: calendar, enterprise project/task management, corporate goal tracking, web conferencing, and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Preparation features: agenda/goal setting, participant profiles and selection, background material preparation, facility/equipment booking
- Search and discovery capabilities
- Security: access roles, administration roles, encryption
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
- Lucid Meetings
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
If you would like to put our extensive expertise in vendor selections and contact negotiations to work for you, please contact us at ShortList@constellationr.com.