About This Constellation ShortList
For decades, the trifecta of email, calendar and contacts has been at the core of the employee productivity toolset. The rise of social networking has reduced business reliance on email and changed the way we connect with colleagues and customers. Unfortunately, meetings, an essential element of the business world, have seen little improvement.
While web conferencing has enhanced our ability to meet with people without having to be face-to-face, most employees still struggle with the tasks around preparing for, facilitating and managing follow-up assignments from meetings. The value of meetings can be greatly improved when people are prepared for the topic, the content and conversations are tracked and accessible, and accountability is assigned for achieving outcomes. Meeting enhancement tools can augment the entire lifecycle of a meeting, vastly improving their value to the participants and the company.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Administrative controls
- Analytics/metrics/usage dashboards (personal, team and meeting-specific)
- Collaboration features: collaborative note taking, annotations and commenting, real-time reactions, sharing to other tools
- Facilitation features: automated note taking, audio transcription, keyword flagging, sentiment analysis, and people/object recognition in videos
- Follow-up features: assignment tracking, automated summaries, recommended next steps, future meeting scheduling
- Integration with business applications: calendar, enterprise project/task management, corporate goal tracking, web conferencing, and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Preparation features: agenda/goal setting, participant profiles and selection, background material preparation, facility/equipment booking
- Search capabilities
- Security: access roles, administration roles, encryption
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates over 20 solutions in this market. This Constellation ShortList determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, vendor selection projects and internal research.
- Cisco Spark Meeting Notes
- Lucid Meetings
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList evaluation will be updated every 180 days as needed.
Constellation clients may work with the analyst and research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.
Connect with a Constellation analyst or learn more. Click here.