Answers to frequently asked SuperNova Award questions and a few tips to improve your chances of winning a 2016 SuperNova Award.
Don't forget: the deadline for the 2016 SuperNova Awards is
August 8 August 22, 2016.
SuperNova Award Application Tips
- Nominate your customers - the Awards recognize the leadership of end users of technology.
- Make a strong case - tell us about how the nominee won buy-in, led the implementation, drove adoption, and achieved positive ROI
- Provide strong metrics - judges want proof that the project was successful. Provide before and after implementation results.
- Results v. Metrics - results are a verbal explanation of how your project created a disruption; metrics are numbers that provide evidence of your results.
- "Disruptiveness" may mean creating an internal or external disruption OR using disruptive technology to change business models
- Ensure your application is not bound by an NDA - All applications should be web ready. Do not include any information that can not be made public.
- Can we submit our application for more than one category? Yes! Tailor your application for relevancy, and resubmit your application.
- I work for a vendor/PR firm, and want to submit a client for an award, how can I ensure the application isn't disqualified? Nominate your client. Ensure the contact information on the application belongs to the client; not you. We will disqualify any applications in which the contact information and applicant information do not match. You may add your contact information alongside your client's information.
Can I nominate a client? Yes, but you must provide client contact information. Any applications without client contact information will be disqualified.
What should I write about? The SuperNova Awards use a set application designed to highlight innovative adoption practices, the effect of disruptive technology, and the leadership of the nominee. You should do your best to emphasize unique adoption hurdles, resulting change in business model as a result of the implementation, and provide strong metrics to show the business value of the project to the organization. Download a sample application.
- Any insight into what you're looking for? We're looking for end users who are utilizing technology in an innovative way. We understand the trials of disruptive technology adoption, and we want to honor those who are making it happen within their organizations.
What are the elements of the Awards application? Preview a copy of the awards application here: http://constellationr.com/content/what-expect-when-applying-supernova-award. Download a sample application by clicking here. Review applications of previous SuperNova Award winners here: https://www.constellationr.com/content/supernova-award-winners
Are there fees to enter the awards? Nope.
Portions of my submission are under NDA. Will you honor NDAs? You should not submit any information that is under NDA. The information in the application will be published to the Constellation website for public voting should you advance to the finalist round.
What is the difference between the "Metrics" and the "Results" section of the application? The "Results" are the results of your project--before and after results work well here. We're looking for an explanation of how your project changed your organization, company, or industry. The "Metrics" are essentially the numbers to back the "Results" section of the application. We want to see numbers in the Metrics section.
Can international applicants apply for the Awards? Yes! We accept international and domestic applications. The SuperNova Awards is a global search for the most innovative technology projects!
When will the SuperNova Award finalists be announced? Finalists will be announced on September 7, 2016. All finalists are invited to attend Constellation's Connected Enterprise innovation summit. Constellation's Connected Enterprise | October 26-28, 2016 | San Francisco Bay Area
When will the SuperNova Award winners be announced? The SuperNova Award winners will be announced live, on stage at the SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner - on the first night of Constellation's Connected Enterprise on October 27, 2016.
How to Apply for a SuperNova Award:
1. Download the SuperNova Award application. Click here. Once completed, copy the text directly from this application into the webform in step #3.
2. Create a Constellation Research account
3. Submit your application by August 22, 2016. Submit applications here.
Questions? contact Courtney@ConstellationR.com