Take a look at my top 3 takeaways of the event:
If you don't have a chance to watch - here are the takeaways:
- Talentradar debut - Randstad Sourceright showed the first deviverable on its product roadmap with Talentradar. It brings together recruiting information across the varies systems involved as well as Randstad Sourceright parnters like e.g. Hirevue, Smashfly etc. Technologies mentioned were Informatica and R, we could see Domo being used for visualization. Randstad Sourceright has delivered a solid version one of the product, now we need to understand the roadmap and customer adoption as next steps.
- Standardization - The whole outsourcing industry is recovering from a hangover of too customized deals sold and implemented early in the millenium. The answer is standardization and leveraging global capabilities, Randstad Sourceright is making good progress on both fronts. Discipline is key though and it was re-assuring hearing the North American sales leaders stating that they would walk away from business if not falling inside the parameters of standard delivery.
- RiseSmart - In a surprise move Randstad Sourceright acquired outplacement vendor RiseSmart (see here for vendor and here for press release). RiseSmart CEO Sathe was there and told the vendor's story - bringing software to the outplacement business. In a good move Randstad Sourceright has decided to keep RiseSmart operate independently.
It is good to see Randstad Sourceright growing and making progress standardizing, globalizing its product offerings. The acquisition of RiseSmart opens new revenue potential and the chance to disrupt the outplacement market. Equally it is good to see the product focus showing first deliverables with Talentradar. And the vendor is keeping tabs on a booming Recruiting startup eco system with its Randstad Foundation Fund.
On the concern side Randstad Sourceright will have to take into account that more resourcing decisions will be made by software, and more resourcing decisions will be made by hiring managers directly, and no longer by recruiters. These changes are disruptive for Randstad Sourceright customers and therefore for the vendor itself. Preparing and switching over in time will be the key challenge for executive management in the next years.
But for now congrats on good progress, we will be keeping tabs, stay tuned.
More on Recruiting
- Musings - How Technology Innovation fuels Recruiting and disrupts the Laggards - read here
- Musings - What is the future of recruiting? Read here
- HRTech 2014 takeaways - read here.
- Why all the attention to recruiting? Read here.