Good start - a platform for the Industrial Internet
We had the opportunity to attend GE' Digital first major customer conference 'Minds & Machines' at Fort Mason in San Francisco.
- At the core of GE's offering is Predix, a PaaS offering built on top of Pivotal CloudFoundry.
- GE Digital has built components on top of that, to make it easier for enterprises to build next gen applications on top of that.
- Deployment of Predix applications can be to public and private clouds.
- With the Predix Machine there is a lightweight component that can run 'close to the things' at the end points of an IoT network
- Showcases we saw were Intelligent Cities, Healthcare, Asset Management, Service with Planned Maintenance and many more.
- The showcase customer for Predix at the moment is Pitney Bowes, which monitors performance of their stamp print machines.
- A great showcase of the power of the overall GE was a location demo using GE LED lamps and standard smartphone / tablet camera sensor.