This week Box held their annual conference BoxWorks, with the 2018 theme being "The blueprint for the future of work".
In the two videos below I provide my thoughts on the key themes and product announcements.
Part 1: Three Key Themes in Box's evolution to Cloud Content Management
- Evolution from Cloud File Storage to Cloud Content Management
- Digital Workplace - A seamless Employee Experience for content and collaboration
- Content Intelligence - Automating tasks and extracting insights
Part 2: News and Overall Thoughts
- Lots of integrations, including GSuite
- Box Feed
- Activity Stream and Recommended Apps
- Box Skills, Metadata, Tasks and Automations
- Box continues to hold their own and grow in a market could have easily been commoditized by Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- They continue to improve the user experience, solving common ECM issues like finding content
- Until now, Box was more of a service than a destination. With Feed, Activity Stream, Recommended Apps, Automation and other features, the amount of time people spend in Box itself will increase.
- Customers would like better clarity and a more specific roadmap around ”announced features” versus shipping.
- Business Partners are unsure of which features will remain 3rd party add-ons and what areas Box will add with native functionality