So take a peak
Or if you can't watch, here are the key takeaways
- Major Cloud Event - Probably the busiest event for cloud - look for announcements from almost all major players.
- What will be the AWS surprise? - No idea, but looking at the surprises of 2013 (Kinesis and Workspace) and 2014 (lambda) - for all we will have to look for updates regarding roadmap and adoption. What comes after lambda? Mu?
- New Instances - Very likely for AWS to announce new instances types, usually at the premium end - so expect more high compute, high memory, SSD leaning instance types.
- Price reductions - AWS has traditionally announced price reductions at reInvent - not so (for a first) last year - let's see what AWS will do in this regards.
- From utility to platform - I see in general a need for AWS to move towards more platform - we will see if we get more announcements / data points in these regards. In general enterprises like platforms over tool collection. Opposite story for developers.
- Chasing load - It will be important to see how AWS plans to capture more load for future growth. ISVs (see e.g. the Infor partnership) are a key to load, we will see if Amazon has more in store.
More on AWS
Find more coverage on the Constellation Research website here and checkout my magazine on Flipboard and my YouTube channel here.
- Event Report - AWS Summit Berlin - AWS spricht Deutsch - but when will the Germans speak cloud? Read here
- News Analysis - AWS learns Hindi - Amazon Web Services announces 2016 India Expansion - read here
- Event Report - AWS Summit San Francisco - AWS pushes the platform with Analytics and Storage [From the Fences] read here
- Event Report - AWS re:invent - AWS becomes more about PaaS on inhouse IP - read here
- AWS gives infrastructure insights - and it is very passionate about it - read here
- News Analysis - AWS spricht Deutsch - the cloud wars reach Germany - read here
- Market Move - Infor runs CloudSuite on AWS - Inflection Point or hot air balloon? Read here
- Event Report - AWS Summit in SFO - AWS keeps doing what has been working in the last 8 years - read here
- AWS moves the yardstick - Day 2 reinvent takeaways - read here.
- AWS powers on, into new markets - Day 1 reinvent takeaways - read here.
- The Cloud is growing up - three signs in the News - read here.
- Amazon AWS powers on - read here.