About This Constellation ShortList™
Sales performance management systems focus attention on the progress and process of driving a successful sales organization by increasing the operational efficiencies and effectiveness of individual sellers. These tools consolidate sources of information—both internal and external—into an integrated view of often highly complex sales ecosystems highlighting important insights, intelligence and best practices. Often these tools use artificial intelligence to process data and present it in context for sellers through highly actionable recommendations, specific coaching and training opportunities and . This, along with analysis of seller actions and actual sales performance, forms the basis for prioritizing opportunities and recommending next actions.
Like other tools designed to facilitate the work of sales, sales performance management automates much of the data capture and activity logging for customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Most of these systems provide digital assistants that present contextually relevant account insights and input new actions or updates. This results in dramatically improved forecast accuracy as well as higher conversation rates, shorter sales cycles and increased revenue.
On a management level, sales performance management provides the opportunity to analyze and evaluate individual and team performance, identify and recognize success, improve timing, content, context and details that can go into coaching, establish contextual and personalized seller training based on identified team wide best practices, and deliver visibilit yinto individual and team performance. In many cases, these tools also tackle broader challenges of territory management and commission or compensation management. Tools focused solely on Incentive and Compensation Management (ICM) were not included in this review.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Consolidate account and customer insights from across internal data sources
- Incorporate external data sources for market context
- Leverage AI to process data
- Integration to CRM and other enterprise systems
- Automated activity capture across channels
- Digital assistant that supports text and voice interaction
- Mobile accessible
- Recommended actions in customer account context
- Cross functional collaboration
- Data and performance-based coaching
- Territory management and planning
- Commission/compensation and incentives management
- Quota management and planning
- Robust reporting on performance, objectives and goals, and conversion analytics
- Integrated training and coaching environment with recommendations for improvement or course correction
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates around 20 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- ORACLE CX SALES
- SAP SALES CLOUD
Frequency of Evaluation
Each Constellation ShortList is updated at least once per year. Updates may occur after six months if deemed necessary.
Constellation clients can work with the analyst and the research team to conduct a more thorough discussion of this ShortList. Constellation can also provide guidance in vendor selection and contract negotiation.