Moving beyond simple sharing to getting work done
Making collaboration an integral part of the business process
Toronto, Canada – August 5, 2013 Constellation Research, Inc. the research and advisory firm focused how disruptive technologies transform business models announced today the publication of Enterprise Collaboration Software: From Simple Sharing to Purposeful Collaboration by Constellation Vice President and Principal Analyst, Alan Lepofsky. Collaboration software has evolved beyond simple sharing, and is now a powerful tool teams can use to get work done. Lepofsky examines this evolution and provides prescriptions for enterprises seeking to extract maximum business value from these new, powerful collaboration platforms.
This report examines:
- The three generations of collaboration platforms:
- Enterprise 2.0: The rise of social networks for business
- Getting Work Done: Social adds integrated enterprise applications
- Purposeful Collaboration: Native social functionality within core business applications and the three approaches vendors are taking to deliver purposeful collaboration
- Things organizations need to consider when planning the business transformation required to be a social business.
- Key Elements To Consider When Evaluating Vendors
- Purposeful Collaboration Will Drive the Greatest Business Value: Constellation expects these purposeful collaboration platforms to make impact in: Sales, Marketing, Human Capital Management, Customer Engagement, Development/Engineering, Resource or Supply Chain Management and Business Operations.
“The enterprise collaboration market has spent the last few years in what I call the “training wheels” stage, as employees have been slowly getting used to working in a more open manner.” Now it’s time to move beyond simply sharing information and learn how to enhance the business processes that support the core functions of people’s jobs with collaboration features that will help them get their work done more effectively,” said report author, Alan Lepofsky
This report fits into Constellation’s business-focused research theme, The Future of Work.
ABOUT Alan Lepofsky
Alan Lepofsky is Vice President and Principal Analyst covering collaboration tools, social task management platforms, and the next generation of content creation and sharing. Alan’s current research focuses on helping colleagues work together, and how organizations can be more engaged with their partners and customers.
Enterprise Collaboration Software: From Simple Sharing to Purposeful Collaboration can be found here: http://www.constellationr.com/research/enterprise-collaboration-software...
Contact the Media and Influencers relations team at [email protected] for interviews with analysts.
Contact our sales team at [email protected].